EVT Content Engine - WordPress Plugin
Download Plugin for WordPress
|Requires WordPress:||>= v2.8.0|
|Supports WordPress:||v2.8.0 through v5.8+|
WordPress Plugin Installation Instructions
LOG INTO WORDPRESS ADMIN
- Log into WordPress Administration area ( www.your-domain.com/wp-admin )
- Navigate to 'Plugins' -> 'Add New' (found in wp-admin sidebar navigation menu.)
- Click 'Upload Plugin' button (found at top of page.)
- Click 'Browse...' button. Select the 'EVT-Content-Engine.zip' WordPress plugin and then click the 'Open' button.
- Click the 'Install Now' button to upload and install the plugin. Once installed, the 'EVT Content Engine' Plugin will appear on the WP-Admin -> Plugins page.
- Navigate to 'Plugins' -> 'Installed Plugins', locate the 'EVT Content Engine' Plugin in the list of plugins and click the 'Activate' link.
ENTER 'FEED ID' AND CUSTOMIZE DISPLAY SETTINGS
- Navigate to 'Plugins' -> 'EVT Content' (found in wp-admin sidebar navigation menu.)
- Please enter the 'Feed ID' (emailed to you) in the settings page. You can optionally customize several other display options for the data feed on this page. Be sure to click 'Save Settings' at the bottom of the Settings page!
DISPLAY THE NEWS FEED ON YOUR WEBSITE
- To display the news feed on your website, please add the following WordPress 'shortcode' snippet to a Page or Post.
We recommend creating a new Page in WordPress to display the news feed.
Add the following WordPress 'shortcode' snippet (including the square brackets) into a Page or Post:
Once added, click the 'Publish' or 'Update' button to save your changes.
That is it! No maintenance neccessary. The EVT News Feed will automatically update each day in the early AM.
You can check status by visiting the 'Plugins' -> 'EVT Content' settings page where you can view when the feed last updated and a 'status' message.
If you would like to manually download the News Feed, you can do so by clicking 'Save Settings' button on the 'Plugins' -> 'EVT Content' settings page (found in wp-admin sidebar navigation menu.)
ADVANCED CUSTOMIZATION (OPTIONAL)
Advanced Users can make display customizations by editing the plugin CSS file
The plugin CSS file is located at:./wp-content/plugins/evt-content-engine/css/evt-content-engine.css
The CSS file can be manually edited in order to customize how the news feed is displayed on your website (colors, fonts, font-size, etc.)